Volunteers lie at the heart of Butterfly Pavilion’s success. Their enthusiasm, friendliness and knowledge shape our guests’ experiences. Volunteering at Butterfly Pavilion is fun and rewarding no matter your interests or areas of expertise.
*Butterfly Pavilion is unable to take Court Mandated Community Service Volunteers at this time.
- Learn about our invertebrate animals, their habitats and why they are so important in the global environment
- Share your knowledge with guests of all ages
- Contribute to conservation efforts at Butterfly Pavilion and on a larger scale
- Have fun and get to know staff and fellow volunteers
Benefits for Active Volunteers:
- Discounts in our Gift Shop, on memberships and on programs (Rainforest Yoga, Science Talks, and special events!)
- Annual appreciation events
- Social events with fellow volunteers and staff (potlucks and field trips)
- Special trainings and education sessions
- Flexible scheduling
* Active Volunteers complete over 50 hours per year
Ways to Volunteer:
Volunteer applications must be submitted no less than three weeks before each volunteer orientation date in order to be considered for that on-boarding period. Upcoming 2017 Orientation dates are:
August 5th – All Volunteers 8-11 am, Exhibit Ambassador Training 12-5 pm
October 7th – All Volunteers 8-11 am, Exhibit Ambassador Training 12-5 pm
November 11th – All Volunteers 8-11 am, Exhibit Ambassador Training 12-5 pm
Active Volunteers only:
Schedule your shift
This will take you to the Volunteer Information Center (VIC), where active volunteers can login to sign up for volunteer shifts and trainings, check their service records, and access important documents and updates from Butterfly Pavilion.