The Urban Prairies Project (UPP) is a collaboration between Butterfly Pavilion, local governments and other environmental organizations to restore urban and suburban open spaces for wildlife and human use. The UPP intern will gain experience in restoration and environmental monitoring while supporting the development of a strong restoration volunteer program.
Classification of Position: Part-time (between 15-20 hours a week)
Temporary: Winter-Spring 2016; Summer 2016; Fall 2016
Reports to: Butterfly Pavilion Horticulture Director
- Pursuing or holding a degree in environmental education, environmental sciences, biology or other related fields
- At least one field season’s experience with field research and restoration methods – volunteer experience counts
- Strong organizational skills
- Works with Horticulture Director and Volunteer Manager to develop and lead volunteer training curricula for community restoration volunteers of all ages
- With Butterfly Pavilion and open space staff, supports restoration volunteers during work days: guiding activities, answering questions, providing on-the-job training, etc.
- Works with Horticulture Director and open space staff to evaluate short-term success of restoration plans for two centerpiece open spaces in Broomfield and Westminster
Anticipate Start Date: Negotiable
Stipend: When available
Interested applicants should email a resume and a cover letter to: Amy Yarger, Horticulture Director firstname.lastname@example.org.