Cub Scout Day
Saturday March 24, 2018
10:00 am- 3:00 pm
Mark your calendars for one wild time! Cub Scouts are invited to Butterfly Pavilion for a fun day of animal encounters, outdoor explorations, and activities that explore topics in science and conservation, and also meet adventure requirements!
Cub Scout Day Includes:
Access to all of our indoor and outdoor exhibits
A full schedule of programs centered on respect for plants and wildlife
Several activity stations and scavenger hunts
A certificate of participation
Vendors featuring more games, crafts and activities.
Adults – Members $5, Nonmembers $12
Scouts and siblings (Ages 2-12) – Members $5, Nonmembers $8
Children (under 2) – FREE
Group rates also available.
We are happy to offer group rates for troops if you meet the following criteria:
- There are 10 or more guests in your group.
- You pay for the entire group with one payment.
- Scout leaders will get in for free with 10 or more scouts
- Basic scout troop pricing is:
Adults – $10.00 (after 2 adults)
Children(2-12) – $6.00 (after 8 scouts)
Under 2 – Free, as always
If you have trouble with online registration, please email Marissa at email@example.com
Can’t make it to Cub Scout Day? Don’t worry – we have other classes and options for your troop.
Facilitated Scout Classes:
Meet your badge requirements by scheduling one of our fun, inquiry-based classes. These 40 minute programs are offered weekday afternoons and Saturdays based on availability. Classes must be reserved at least 2 weeks in advance. Classes are an additional $25 per group on top of the cost of group rate admission. See below for more detailed information!
Daisy Rosie Petal Classes (30 minute class)
Petal requirements this class meets:
- Reading of Rosie’s Story
- Talking to real life marine biologists about recycling and making the beach a more eco-friendly place
- A poster activity on how to make to make the world a better place
- Followed by a trip to our Water’s Edge exhibit to see and touch our sea creatures and play interactive games that show what happens when trash gets into the water.
- All that’s left is acting out the story with Daisy friends – which you can do with your friends on your own after your trip!
Girl Scout Bug Badge Classes (30-45 minute class)
Badge requirements this class meets:
- Seeing bugs in action – we’ll get to get up close and personal to see (and touch!) many of our favorite bugs here at Butterfly Pavilion
- Exploring bug homes – we will learn where they live, how they make their homes, and more!
- Taking a bug field trip – we’ll get to explore all of our different exhibits and see bugs from all over the world!
- Trying a bug craft – We will end our class with a cool tie dye butterfly to take home
Boy Scout Insect Study Badge Class (30-45 minute class)
Requirements for Badge that this class will meet:
- Tell how insects are different from all other animals.
- Show how insects are different from centipedes and spiders.
- Point out and name the main parts of an insect.
- Describe the characteristics that distinguish the principal families and orders of insects.
- Compare the life histories of a butterfly and a grasshopper. Tell how they are different.
- Tell things that make social insects different from solitary insects.
- Tell how insects fit in the food chains of other insects, fish, birds, and mammals.
Registration for Scout Classes
- Pre-registration is required.
- Groups must be larger than 10 total
- Cost: $5.00/child, Adults are $9.00.
- Classes are $25 per group on top of the group rate admission. Classes must be requested at least 2 weeks in advance for staffing purposes.
- Click the reservation form below to request a scout class.
Self Guided Option: Boy and Girl Scout troops of 10 or more paying guests qualify for group rates. Explore our exhibits and nature trail with a self-guided tour. Make the most of your experience by scheduling your visit around our Spineless Spotlights. These interactive, free visitor programs are offered six times daily.
Can’t come to us? Book one of our unique outreach programs and let us bring the Butterfly Pavilion to you! These 45 min – 1 hour programs led by our dynamic education team are a hands-on adventure for everyone. Visit our outreach page for program information and pricing.
GIRL SCOUT DAY IS SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2018. STAY TUNED FOR MORE DETAILS!
Still have questions? Please email Marissa at firstname.lastname@example.org