Become a BP Summer Teen Volunteer!
Butterfly Pavilion Summer Teen Volunteers get the chance to build their leadership skills, learn about our awesome invertebrate animals, assist our day camp counselors, and help our gardens grow all while having a great time with their peers.
- Application Deadline: May 1
- Interviews: May 10-11, 3:00-7:00pm
- Parents Info Night: May 31
- Orientation: June 3, 9:00-5:00pm
- Exhibit Ambassador– Teen volunteers learn all about our animals and their habitats, as well as how to provide a great visitor experience in each of our exhibits. Shifts are any day of the week, 8:45 AM-1:00 PM, 12:45-5:00 PM or all day.
- Day Camp Assistant – Teen volunteers assist Camp Educators with at least one week-long summer camp (five consecutive 7-hour days, from 8:30 AM-4:00 PM,) building leadership skills over the course of the week while having a blast with our day campers!
- Horticulture Assistant: Teens work alongside our Horticulture staff and volunteers to keep our gardens and nature trail flourishing. Shifts are weekdays, 8 AM – 11AM.
- Age: 13-17.
- Commitment: at least 60 total hours by August 12, with a regular weekly schedule.
- Interests: You should be willing to work with our animals and plants, answer questions, and actively interact with our visitors. Teens can volunteer on more than one track depending on their interests, abilities and availability.
- Fill out the application below and then submit two letters of recommendation and a one-page essay explaining why you want to be one of our awesome teen volunteers to Julia McCleary, Volunteer Program Manager, at email@example.com.
- Please note that all applicants will be evaluated and the most qualified candidates will be chosen.
*Please note that an application and interview must be completed, and that we seek to find the right fit both for our volunteers and for Butterfly Pavilion; unfortunately not all volunteer applicants will be selected to join the team. Once selected, orientation a criminal background check will be required for all new volunteers.